The mission of the MAC is to improve student learning and achievement through a system of coherent curriculum, balanced assessment, and effective instruction. We do this by collaboratively...
- Promoting assessment knowledge and practice.
- Providing professional learning.
- Producing and sharing assessment tools and resources.
What is the MAC?
The Michigan Assessment Consortium (MAC) is a professional association of educators who believe quality education depends on accurate, balanced, and meaningful assessment.
MAC members work to advance assessment literacy and advocate for assessment education and excellence.
- are individuals and organizations interested in quality assessment practices
- work in public and private schools, local and regional districts, government agencies, professional associations, and institutes of higher learning
- embrace high standards of excellence
- understand that quality assessment is key to quality learning and student achievement
- value professional learning and continuous improvement
The Michigan Assessment Consortium (MAC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MAC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.